Monday, January 24, 2011

Monarch butterfly Study Part Three


 Stay near me--do not take thy flight!
A little longer stay in sight!
Much converse do I find in thee,
Historian of my infancy!
Float near me; do not yet depart!








We are so happy the first group of  butterflies have hatched !






I've watched you now a full half-hour,
Self-poised upon that yellow blue flower;
And, little Butterfly! indeed
I know not if you sleep or feed.
How motionless! - not frozen seas
More motionless! and then
What joy awaits you, when the breeze
Hath found you out among the trees,
And calls you forth again!











Butterflies,butterflies everywhere!!
(poem extracts courtesy of To A Butterfly by William Wordsworth)

1 comment:

Mindful Drawing said...

What a lovely study and photo's.
How I wish we had these beauties here!
Paula