Sunday, February 01, 2009

Dd started at her senior college today . Her Classical  Studies teacher said in his introduction to the course that he was a practicing Atheist, thank god but even so it was important for him to let go of his belief system when studying the classics….good for him! (and I do thank God!)

 On a different slant(or is it) in our reading of “The Last Battle” this morning:

 “You see,” said Aslan.”They will not let us help them. …Their prison is only in their minds, yet they are in that prison; and so afraid of being taken in that they cannot be taken out.”

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think a lot of atheists are in that position.

I hope she's happy at the college. What year is she doing?

Aliadelaide said...

Year 12 Louise. And yes I agree with you,dd was just glad I wasn't in her class as I told her I probably would have laughed out loud...I mean it was a joke,wasn't it!!?

Mary said...

Maybe he was just testing the students - Like - 'Whose awake!' - maybe?Perhaps he is just a nidiot!!!!!

jugglingpaynes said...

I have always found the phrase "practicing Atheist" to be an oxymoron. Kind of like organizing anarchists. :o)

I thought I would check in on all of my friends Down Under. I'm not sure where you are in relation to the fires, but I hope you are safe.

Peace and Laughter,
Cristina

Aliadelaide said...

"kind of like organizing anarchist" too funny Cristina. thanks for thinking of us re the fires, we are in South Australia and the fires are in Victoria...prayers needed for all those suffering there