Tuesday, March 31, 2009

our Lenten Journey Day Thirty


St Peter struggled with courage when Jesus was arrested. But through Jesus loving gaze and the grace of God that he could do anything in God’s name he overcame his human failings. Take courage and with the example of St Peter say ”I was not born to be a failure, I am gaining experience all the time, Jesus is always there to pick me up when I stumble or fall, I just need to call on His Holy name and on I go”

 Today we will make a cross using different materials. You might like to use some of the bark we collected down by the river; you might like to use some twigs and bind them with twine, or you could use some of our collage material. Put this cross above your bed…and each night before you sleep thank Jesus for His cross. Remember without the cross there is no resurrection!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Alison,
My daughter made a cross using a couple of old pieces of timber, then painted it, and it is on the wall at the head of the table, to remind us that Jesus is the head of our table - the unseen Guest at every meal.